Friday, May 30, 2014

I'd Do It All Again

Survived the Vietnam war
But lost my life

Traveled to come home
But never left

Loved coming home
But hated my reception

Thought I was a hero
Turned out I was really a zero

Hated that damn war
But loved my brothers

Been married twice
But neither knew me

One wife asked if I was a spy
Or with the CIA

Lots of acquaintances
But no friends

Lots hired me
But lots fired me

Done lots of things
But for the wrong reasons

Been lots of places
But haven't seen much

Made lots of people laugh
But wanted to make them cry

Survived forty five years
But died forth five times

God kept me alive for a reason
But I'd do it all again if my country wanted me

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.