Friday, May 30, 2014

Please Don't Tell Anyone

I have a ninety year old father who lives with me
He has pain in his back and in his knee

His doctor gave him this Percocet pill
He said, "ask anytime for a refill"

I was struggling one day
Needed to keep my demons away

Decided to try one and take a chance
Seemed like a reasonable idea at first glance

Made me feel warm everywhere
Had more conversation to share

It really gave me the boost I needed
My idea had succeeded

Percocet allows me to feel happy
Instead of being so snappy

I understand all the reasons it's wrong
Some days I just need a little help to get along

I haven't started anything that can't be undone
PS. Please don't tell anyone

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.