Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Just Leave A Message

There is something I don't understand yet
Something about this PTSD I just can't get
That is why I can't follow a conversation
At least not for any reasonable duration

If somebody talks too fast there is no hope
I just stand there looking like a dope
I couldn't repeat what they said if I had to
I tried to listen but really don't have a clue

I think it has to do with my concentration
Not my friends quality of oration
There is a limit to how long I can stay in tune
When I reach my cap I'm finished too soon

I don't want to look like a fool
Don't want my friends to think I'm uncool
So I protect myself from them and them from me
Total seclusion is my self-surviving plea

It's not that I don't want to talk to you, I do
It's just frustrating for me to not connect with you
So if you want to talk, I'll give you a little presage
Call me and you will have to just leave a message

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.