Saturday, June 28, 2014

3 Glorious Minutes of Freedom



During the war we all got together to smoke dope
It was every bodies vehicle to cope

We used an empty quonset hut room
Set up a big stereo with lots of boom

Each night after supper we'd all gather 'round
Pass the joints and crank up the sound

Our theme song was "Our House" by CS&N
We'd play it again and again and again

Sometimes I'd stand up and conduct the song
Everybody in the room would sing along

One night recently I was driving a four hour road trip
"Our House" came of the radio and I thought I would flip

I sang at the top of my voice and pounded on the dash
Jumped in my seat and surprised I didn't crash

I laughed and cried at the same time
For a few minutes there I felt sublime

I became so emotional I pulled over by this big tree
For a few glorious minutes I was free, I was free, I was free.

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.