Friday, May 30, 2014

Through the Holy Spirit

I keep hearing that this PTSD is here to stay
My only hope is to try to cope in some way

These memories are embedded in my brain
Sometimes they make me feel insane

Medication hasn't helped me yet
They could be more of a threat

I've had private one on one sessions
From multiple professions

I've had therapy in a Vietnam War group
That just brings up a lot of old poop

I wish my mother was still alive
She could tell me how to thrive

She was a counselor too
But from a Christian point of view

She kept a journal just before she died
It wasn't much but she really tried

She had written only a few pages
That little bit truly engages

She said, "Develop a mindset of constant prayer.
With the Holy Spirit be aware."

Even though she didn't write much
My heart she did touch

Luke 4:18 says, "With the Spirit be infused
To set at liberty them that are bruised"

Through the Holy Spirit we can heal
And survive any challenging ordeal

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.