Friday, May 30, 2014

That's My War Angel Working

Long plane ride across the sea
Armed only with the Word of God
What aid could this kid be
With such a land to trod

Put my training to the test
To be the best I can
Want to be the very best
Not like Lt. Dan

Jumped into the deep end
No slow break-in for me
We had a hill to defend
Don't know where the gooks will be

One of my brothers took a round
Hit him in the chest
He's bleeding on the ground
Ran to him before the rest

Keeping my head low
Running from man to man
Seems I'm moving slow
But doing all I can

Got to know one kid well
Was hit and died in my arm
This place is really hell
Several bought the farm

Got beat up pretty bad
More of them than us
Used all the supplies I had
Called in the air bus

One asked me to make a call
Report his death to his son
A task that took my all
Toughest thing I've done

Too much for a 20 year old kid
Lots of dangers lurking
Surprised to survive as I did
That's my war angel working

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.