Friday, May 30, 2014

No Title

I'd write a title
But I just can't think of one right now

I'd write a song about PTSD
But I'd never remember the words

I'd exercise more
But I rarely feel like getting out of bed

I'd eat more
But sometimes it's just too much trouble

I'd go to the movies
But they trigger too many emotions

I'd have more friends
But I end up pushing them away somehow

I'd sleep at night
But I'm afraid of my nightmares

I'd go out to dinner
But I guess I'll just get a bag of chips and go to my room

I'd answer the phone
But I usually just let it go to voicemail

I'd grocery shop at BiLo
But I shop at 0300 so I go to Walmart

I'd visit my bank
But I do all of my banking at an ATM

I'd talk on the phone
But I'd rather text

I'd drive my car
But I'm too distracted and dangerous

I'd take my meds
But they accentuate my feelings instead of correcting them

I'd do my work
But I can't concentrate or motivate

I'd sleep with my wife
But I sometimes hit her in the night

I'd write another line here
But I just can't concentrate long enough

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.