Friday, May 30, 2014

Conversations With PTSD

With my PTSD I live in two consciousnesses. One you can see on the surface and the second running full time in the background that may not be as obvious.

Here is an illustration of how a routine casual conversation goes for me. My words and thoughts are in all caps.

Friend, "Hello Dave. How are you?
Me, "I AM WELL THANKS."
Friend, "Hey I had a great vacation last week."
Yeah, I took my family down to Gulf Port.
We met some other family there from...SAY?
The weather there during our stay was...JUST SAY?
I did a little deep sea fishing there...HE JUST SAY??
I caught a Grouper, Red Snapper,...DID HE JUST SAY?
We were out about 12...WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?
Yur fdrwt vfhty zswqy...NOW CONCENTRATE AND LISTEN TO WHAT HE IS SAYING?
Grftu jnkfl vgrws mnkp...WHAT IF HE ASKS ME A QUESTION?
Hgds vgdtru bgdwqa nkplyr jkyt...OH NO. I AM COMPLETELY GONE NOW.
Gbtry cfgdryt hbjkumn fgdrtey lkjmnhg...HOW CAN I GET OUT OF THIS GRACEFULLY?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.