Friday, May 30, 2014

Just a Jerk

Diagnosed with PTSD about seven months ago
Because of my experiences as a GI Joe

I think I have seen ten doctors if I remember right
The VA has lots of doctors on site

My PCP discovered my plight first
She sent me to another doctor who was better versed

He said "my job is to reconfirm"
"I am just short term"

He said, "Meds are what you need"
"We have another doctor for that who will intercede"

"These meds have no guarantees
They could be worse than the disease"

"Long term therapy is what you should get"
"You have another doctor for that too I'll bet"

After many months of one on one
It's now time to bring in the big gun

"You need to start group therapy now
I think it will help you somehow"

"This doctor is a Vietnam Vet too
He may have a better clue for you"

"OK. Now go see a doctor for an Agent Orange exam"
"Had one two months ago, but forgot where I am"

"That first doctors exam was for the AO Registry
This doctor is who you really need to see"

Nice to have all this high powered examination
But then have some high school dropout do my claim evaluation

What happens if after all of this work
These doctors decide I'm not sick at all, I'm just a jerk

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

1 comment:

  1. Not to be funny. But I was wondering the same thing about the man coming back from the war zone.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed.