Friday, May 30, 2014

Gaining Insight

Now that I have studied this PTSD for a while
I can reflect and understand why I've been so hostile
There were numerous times throughout my life
When I have created unnecessary strife

Sometimes when I would open my mouth
The conversation would turn south
If I had to make an important decision
It may be based on a wartime vision

Many of my civilian engagements were wrong
Because my head was where it didn't belong
I lost a lot in life because of all of this
It's painful to look back and realize what all I missed

Strained relationships with family and friends
I hope it's not too late to make amends
I was protecting myself from them and them from me
Back then it was the only way I knew how to be

I'm not saying I have all of the answers yet
But I'll take all the little nuggets I can get
I still have a long way to go
But at least I'm gaining insight about things I need to know

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

2 comments:

  1. We're not yet where we wanna' be. But, thank God, we are not where we used to be. Awareness is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have all Vietnam visa information from the official sites of www.greenvisa.io which offers not only the visa services also offer various travel packages to the travellers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed.