Friday, May 30, 2014

Busyness

Have to run now
To distance my emotions somehow
Not sure of what to do with everything I was feeling
My intrusive thoughts kept me reeling

Ran to and fro doing this and that
Trying to forget about all that combat
Built a big house and drove a fast race car
Formed a company and traveled afar

Wrote books about a cliche'
Took surgery call almost every day
Produced many musical concerts
Built a satellite network to gain new converts

Worked every wake hour with my dot com
Trying to forget about that Vietnam
Extreme busyness was my deal
Didn't know the right way how to heal

David Rose - Vietnam Veteran - Combat Medic

1 comment:

  1. "Habitual Busyness." Applicable to many in pain from all sources. Often "We really Are Driven."

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed.